Ayushman Bharat Health ID- What are the eligibility Criteria?
Ayushman Card is issued under India’s Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) scheme. The PMJAY is a government-sponsored health insurance scheme that provides affordable healthcare to economically weaker sections of the population.
The Ayushman health ID serves as proof of enrolment under the scheme and can be used to avail of healthcare services covered under PMJAY. The card contains information such as the holder’s name, the family members covered under the scheme, and the coverage amount.
It is proof of enrolment under the PMJAY scheme, allowing beneficiaries to avail of healthcare services covered under the scheme. The ID card contains the holder’s name, family members covered under the scheme, and the coverage amount, serving as a form of identification.
It can be used to avail healthcare services at PMJAY impaneled hospitals, making it easier for beneficiaries to access healthcare services. You can download the card electronically from the PMJAY website, making it more convenient for beneficiaries to carry and access.
The PMJAY provides health coverage of up to INR 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization, providing a safety net for beneficiaries in case of serious illness. The mission covers over 500 million people across India, making it one of the world’s largest government-sponsored health insurance schemes.
The scheme provides health insurance coverage to economically weaker sections of the population. The health ID is issued to eligible beneficiaries based on their socio-economic status determined by the government. The number of family members covered under the PMJAY scheme depends on the family size. A larger family is entitled to a higher coverage amount.
The availability and type of healthcare services covered under the PMJAY scheme may vary based on the geographical location of the beneficiary. Through this Health ID, rural area people have better opportunities to gain better medical facilities.
Let’s acknowledge what the eligibility criteria for ABHA ID are.
In Rural Areas
- Criteria 1: Families without male members between 16 to 59 years old.
- Criteria 2: The primitive tribal community families.
- Criteria 3: Below-average scavenger families.
- Criteria 4: Applicants from families of ST/SC category.
- Criteria 5: Families of beggars and people surviving on alms.
- Criteria 6: Families including at least one physically challenged member.
- Criteria 7: Families of people working as manual labour or don’t possess any property land.
- Criteria 8: Families that live in make-shift houses with one room and improper walls or rooms.
- Criteria 9: Families of legally released labours bond.
These are the criteria a person living in rural areas should fulfil to obtain the benefits of an Ayushman health id.
In Urban Areas
- Criteria 1: Families belonging to the washerman community.
- Criteria 2: Families of rag pickers.
- Criteria 3: Families that belong to home-based artisans and tailors.
- Criteria 4: Families of assistants or peons in small establishments.
- Criteria 5: Families of shopkeepers, waiters and delivery boys.
- Criteria 6: Domestic help providing families.
- Criteria 7: Individual working as electrician, mechanic or repair worker.
- Criteria 8: Families of gardeners, sweepers and sanitary workers.
- Criteria 9: Families of rikshaw pullers, carts, conductors, drivers and helpers.
- Criteria 10: Person doing plumbing, mason, construction work, porter, painting, welding, and security.
These are the urban area’s criteria to benefit from Ayushman health id.
Some features you need to notice
If you want to avail the Ayushman Bharat Health Card benefits before downloading, you must remember these points:
- The beneficiaries of health cards should have approval from the authorities to download.
- Only families with income below 2.5 lakhs can benefit from the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- Each beneficiary must be between the age limit of 16 to 59 years of age for ABHA health card download.
The scheme aims to reduce out-of-pocket healthcare expenditures, improve access to quality healthcare services, and ensure financial protection for the economically weaker sections of society.
If you want to create or download your health ID to incur all its benefits, go through the criteria mentioned above in detail. If you are eligible, visit the NHA or ABHA official website to generate your ABHA ID.